Most Common John Deere GX335 Problems & Their Solutions
John Deere gx335 mower is one of the best durable and powerful mowers in the market. It can give great performance and long hours of work.
But while doing so, you may face problems such as the PTO causing troubles, fuel pump getting jammed or may be one or two engine issues. If you have some tools and know how to fix it, there will be no need for paying extra bucks for repairing it.
That’s why, in this article, I will tell you about the common problems and the solutions of John Deere gx335 mower.
Problems and Solutions at a Glance:
|Problems with John Deere gx335||Solutions|
|PTO problem||Repairing the sensor and fuse|
|Fuel Pump issue||Change fuel, fix any leakage|
|Engine issues||Find the reason and fix accordingly|
3 Most Common Problems with John Deere GX335 and Their Possible Solutions:
Here are some of the most common problems of John Deere gx335 mower-
1. PTO Problem
If, after turning on the PTO switch on the tractor, you do not detect the blades beginning to spin, there is likely a problem with either the clutch or the system that engages the gears.
It is possible that the electric solenoid has stopped working, that the clutch has become difficult to engage, or that the clutch has fused together as a result of excessive heating.
Alternately, there is the possibility that a malfunction in the safety mechanism will prevent the blades from engaging.
Nothing will happen when you flip the switch in the first problem, regardless of how many times you do it. This is a very evident sign that there is a problem with the electrical system.
If the clutch cannot be turned, it will not matter how hard you try to turn it; the fuse will blow regardless if the clutch might not be turned. As a result, you may notice that the PTO engages and then instantly stops.
In the vast majority of instances, the issue with the PTO may be fixed by first inspecting, and then later fixing, the sensor.
In the case that the sensor is damaged beyond the limit where it can be fixed, you will be required to replace it.
Nevertheless, it is likely that a fuse has blown, so in that situation, you will need to repair it as quickly as you can.
2. Fuel Pump Issue
The fuel pump of a John Deere gx335 tractor is equipped with a sensor that contributes to the control of the flow of fuel into the carburetor.
If the sensor is not operating as, it should, the pump may not supply the engine with the necessary amount of fuel for it to operate, which might result in the engine suddenly turning off or backfiring.
You won’t need any electronic instruments to examine the pump’s sensor, and the procedure of checking the sensor will only take approximately 15 minutes, so you’ll find out rather quickly if the pump has to be changed.
- Bring the gx335 tractor to a flat place and start it up.
- If there is insufficient gas in the tank pout in some.
- To protect the engine, place a pan below it.
- Turn the key and raise the hood. Locate the gasoline line made of rubber that is attached to the side of the engine. Continue to track till it enters the carburetor that is located in the engine. Remove the plugs from the line, as well as the wiring that is on the line.
- Connect an alligator clip to the positive terminal of the battery (+). Attach the other clip to the fuel line at one of the locations where the cables were previously attached.
- Hook the second alligator clip to another cable connection on the gasoline pipe. The first alligator clip should be connected to the negative terminal of the battery.
- The fuel should be drained into the pan. Take a look at the fuel as it emerges from the line. If the fuel is being pumped out at a rapid rate, the fuel pump is functioning normally. If it is only coming out in small amounts, the pump probably has to be changed.
3. Engine Issues
It’s not uncommon to come across several types of gx335 model engine issues.
- An issue with your vehicle’s starting or fuel systems is usually to blame for a failure to start your engine.
- There is either a problem with a choke plate or an air leak in the carburetor, both of which might cause the engine to not start when you pull on the throttle.
- Most of the time, a defective spark plug is to blame. The spark plugs may potentially be spaced incorrectly, which could be the root of the problem as well.
- Before pursuing any further possibilities, make sure you thoroughly examine the engine and the exhaust system. The noise may be coming from the mower’s muffler if there are no anomalies in the engine.
- Keep an eye out for signs of stuttering, such as an open fuel cap, when the engine of the John Deere gx335 sputters for a time before starting up again. There is a chance that the engine has been reset. To re-open it, press the close button repeatedly until you hear a click, then press the open button.
- When you’re driving about on the gx335 Tractor, you may detect the engines making a knocking sound or making clicking noises. Insufficient fuel levels or an engine running at a low RPM could be to blame for this problem.
The key should turn on both sides a few times if you’re having difficulties starting the car. The spark plug and the fuel delivery system must be checked if the car continues to have trouble starting.
- While trying to power the engine, make sure the choke plate is adjusted correctly.
- If the engine won’t start, check to verify if the spark plug is still okay. Otherwise, a new spark plug is required.
- The loose screws or clamps should be fixed. It should eliminate the distortion.
- To avoid the rough running, make sure the gas cap is well closed and the blades are sharp.
What Majority of the Users Feel?
People really liked the gx335 mower although it is quite rare to find one. the reviews say that most of the people enjoyed using it.
One user said He came upon a used unit in terrible shape with only 150 miles on the clock. This is the best lawnmower he’s ever owned after he replaced the carburetor and performed all necessary maintenance.
When compared to his previous lawnmowers, this one is like a Rolls-Royce. You can mow it with a runover! Fast and easy to control with power steering, this PTO is a joy to drive.
But another user mention that it is a bit pricy and you may not find this one around very often. And some minor issues may show up sometimes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much engine power does John Deere GX335 have?
This mower has a 20 HP engine.
What is the price of a new John Deere gx335 mower?
It costs around 7,500-8,000 USD.
Is John Deere GX335 a reliable mower?
John Deere gx335 is a reliable mower that can last for a very long time.
How much does a John Deere gx335 weigh?
The John Deere gx335 weighs about 670 lbs.
We all know about the products quality of John Deere and there is no scope for questioning it. The gx335 model of this mower has a nice design with great durability.
And just like any other top mowers it also has issues that are common. You can solve them if you follow the instructions in this article.